Coronavirus / COVID 19 - DO NOT attend the surgery.
The situation is changing rapidly and the surgery needs to make changes to the way it works to accommodate this:
- In line with local and national guidance, we will be taking no more pre-booked appointments - all online booking has been suspended. This is so that we can manage workflow when we know which clinicians are well and able to work each day.
- We are moving to a telephone triage only service within the next week or so, so that when you ring, you will be called back by a doctor or nurse and hopefully managed over the telephone where possible. We are trying to keep the building as empty as we can for the protection of patients and staff.
- This means that if you have a health concern you will need to ring the surgery on the day that you want to be called back on or seen (if necessary). Ensure you give your telephone number.
- If the clinician feels that you need to be seen then they will organise an appointment for you ON THAT DAY.
- We are asking patients not to arrive early for their appointment so that we minimise time spent in the waiting room. Please wait outside the surgery or in your car if you are early.
- We are asking you to stick to the one problem/one appointment rule so that appointments do not overrun.
- Routine reviews are likely to be delayed or done via telephone if necessary.
Our priority is the wellbeing and safety of all our patients and staff and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this very difficult time.
Check online at gov.uk and at nhs.uk for advice and the latest COVID-19 information before attending the practice.
If you are concerned that you may have Coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created Coronavirus pages that advise what you should do based on your particular circumstances. This can be accessed by clicking on this link: NHS 111 online service Please do not come to surgery in person.
For the latest information and advice regarding Coronavirus please click on the following links:
Further information and advice available here
Contact the surgery to book an appointment for your Flu vaccination.
The practice has supplies of flu vaccine for all ages. If you are eligible and have not already had your flu vaccine, please contact the surgery to book an appointment.
Change in how prescriptions are issued from 25 March 2020.
Patients who collect prescriptions from the surgery will no longer be issued a G.P. signed prescription but a paper copy (also known as a token).
This paper copy can be taken to any pharmacy for dispensing
Patients who have a nominated pharmacy will not be affected by this change.
Patients who do not have a nominated pharmacy please consider doing so as the majority of prescriptions will now be sent electronically.
For more information please visit www.nhs.uk/EPS or ask a member staff.